Thursday, December 4, 2008

Blog Stage #7

Georgetown, Texas 30 minutes north of Austin, Texas. In the recent elections there were two propositions to expand the ever too small and too crowded infamous Williams Drive. Proposition 1 and Proposition 2. Some of my co workers at my place of employment began to complain about the new propositions. If passed they would begin to expand the road making it wider and much smoother to travel on. My co workers were saying how they did not want this to happen because they love the way Williams Drive is now. I would have to respectfully disagree with their wishes to not have the propositions pass. The people who use Williams drive to get around Georgetown are usually quite slow, do not care to get anywhere on time, do not care if you need to get somewhere, and will turn in front of you coming out of Sun City as you are going along driving the speed limit forcing you to slow down to the pace of a snail. I suppose that is why people I have talked to about the propositions want Williams to stay the same because they are just like every other driver for the most part in Georgetown Texas who like to go 15 miles per hour under the speed limit taking their sweet time going everywhere around the city. I want it to be passed for obvious reasons expanding the road would take care of some of the problems stated above making it much more efficient and cutting the time down it takes to get around town considerably.

1 comment:

crystal_texasgov't said...

I am going to do my commentary on B Paxton Tex Gov 2306's Blog which summarizes Proposition 1 and Proposition 2 of Georgetown, TX. Just a recap: Proposition 1 was to widen the road on Williams Drive, which, if you live past Sun City as I do, is absolutely necessary. Proposition 2 are for parks and recreation projects. It was actually quite an amusing blog, and made me do some research because I was curious as to whether or not these Propositions passed, and according to Wilco.org, fortunately it looks like they both did. Proposition 1: 13,521 voted for it and 7,167voted against it and as for Proposition 2: 11,994 voted for it and 8,787 against it.